Satiate your hunger pangs with the best of Indian Street Food @THEMASALATRAIL
With the cold breeze making its way to Delhi and setting the path to welcome winters, it’s the perfect season to have hot Aloo Pooris, Kathi Rolls, Pao Bhaji, Dal ka Halwa, Masala Chai and everything that’s hot and chatpata!
This is that time of the year when street food looks all the more tempting and hunger attacks more than usual. All the swanky restaurants offering the best of International food can get slightly blurry in comparison to the Indian Street Food. To appease my temptation for having lip-smacking street food, we recently went to this restaurant called THE MASALA TRAIL at Ansal Plaza.
To start with, the ambience is quite Indian and the décor is contemporary. It was beautifully lit up with red lamps thanks to Diwali, making the whole place shine bright and look spectacular.
We checked the menu that offers the best of street food from all four different zones of the country- North, East, West & South!
- North (Uttar, as they call it) entailed options like Gol Gappe, Purani Dilli ke Bhalle Papri, Shahi Raj Kachori, Ashok Vihar ke Matara Kulcha (my personal favourite), Purani Dilli ke Cholle Bhature as appetizers
- East (Purab) has the very popular Kolkata Jhaal Muri & Chowrangee Paneer Kathi Roll
- West (Paschim) offers Gujrati Dabeli Pav, Mumbai Sev Puri, Chowpatty Bhel Puri, Vithal ka Vada Pav & Mumbai ka Ragda Pattice
- South (Dakshin) offers Mini Idli Sambhar & Ghee, Sambhar Vada, Dahi Vada, Rasam Papad and much more!
- Gol Gappas were absolutely delectable, Bhel Poori was flavourful, Sev Poori was mouth-watering & Pao Bhaji was luscious, to say the least! Chai is a must try!
- Ambience is quite enticing, restaurant is spacious and decently lit
- Service is efficient
- Pricing won’t burn a hole in your pocket
- AC wasn’t working
- Steward didn’t know the menu thoroughly
- Dilli 6 ka Banta was a home-made drink (mixing Sprite with Soda), not offering the authentic drink
- Food could have been slightly more flavourful
PRICING: INR 850/- for two
SERVING HOURS: From 12 Noon to 11 PM
ADDRESS: B Block, First Floor, Ansal Plaza Mall, Khel Gaon Marg, New Delhi
NETWORK: Janpath, Saket, Noida, Dwarka & Ansal Plaza